Toilet Cleaners for a Pretty Potty...
... hold on - that should read, "Toilet Cleaners for a Clean and Pretty Potty".
Now we can continue...
The smell of a dirty toilet could be your greatest motivator for cleaning it as quickly as possible.
Here are some tips before we get started.
- Always wear rubber gloves when cleaning your toilet.
- Never combine ammonia and chlorine bleach as it produces a toxic gas.
- Always clean in a well-ventilated area.
Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaners
- To remove hard water stains from your toilet bowl, start by turning off the water shut-off valve to the tank so when you flush the toilet you remove most of the water from the bowl.
Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar and use this to spray the entire toilet bowl.
Sprinkle borax in the toilet over the vinegar and then let this mixture sit for about half an hour.
Using a stiff bristled toilet brush, scrub the inside of the toilet, adding more vinegar if necessary. Turn the water back on and flush the toilet.
- Dissolve a couple of denture-cleaning tablets in the toilet and leave this overnight to help dissolve hard watermarks and stains.
- To remove rust stains from your toilet bowl, use two tablespoons of tang and sprinkle on the rust stains. Leave on for approximately an hour and then scrub with your toilet brush. Flush and repeat if necessary.
- Two great toilet cleaners are rubbing alcohol and borax. Mix one gallon of hot water and a half cup of borax and use this solution to clean the outside of your toilet.
It not only cleans but also deodorizes and disinfects. Put rubbing alcohol on a sponge and clean your toilet handle, lid and seat to disinfect. Allow this to dry and do not rinse off.
- Pour one-half cup of baking soda onto the sides of a wet toilet bowl. Let this sit for half and hour, brush and flush.
- Pour a half cup of bleach into the toilet bowl, leave overnight and scrub in the morning. Flush and you have a clean toilet.
- Pour one-half can of coca cola into your toilet bowl and leave it for a few hours. Relax and drink the other half can. Scrub with a toilet brush and then flush.
Toilet cleaners make your toilet look like a royal throne.
Okay - maybe royal throne is a bit much!