Red Wine Stain Removal Tips
For me good wine and a wine stain remover go hand in hand. Especially if the wine is in the same room as my carpeted floor.
No matter how well organized and planned an event is, accidents such as spilled wine do occur.
Red wine spilled on your carpet, furniture or someone's clothing is very upsetting but there is a way to remove the stain.
Even white wine has a way of making unsightly marks on items.
Wine Stain Removal for Fabric
- On anything that is dry clean only, take it to the cleaners. Trying to remove the wine stain often causes irreversible damage to the fabric that even the dry cleaner cannot remove.
- On washable fabric, when there is a wine spill, blot the excess wine immediately with paper towels.
- Pour or run cold water, from the reverse side, through of the stain.
- Blot the stain with a sponge dipped in a mixture of one cup of hydrogen peroxide and a teaspoon of laundry or dish soap.
- Hold paper towels or a dry cloth against the stain on the back of the fabric, while you blot.
- Hand wash or machine wash in cool water and then air dry.
Wine Stain Removal for Carpets
- Whatever cleaning solution you choose, always test it on an inconspicuous area of carpet first.
- Blot up any excess wine immediately with a clean cloth or paper towels.
- Mix a cup of hydrogen peroxide, and one teaspoon of dish soap or carpet shampoo.
- Dip a sponge in the mixture, and blot the wine stain gently.
- Continue blotting, using clean paper towels, until the stain lifts.
- Use clear, warm water to sponge the area, once the stain is gone.
- Blot dry with paper towels or a clean cloth.
Other Stain Removal Solutions
- Put some unflavored club soda on a sponge and apply to the stained area. Blot off the club soda with paper towels. Mix a little dish soap with warm water then use this on a cloth or sponge to dab the stain. Instead of water and dish soap, equal amounts of water and glycerin dabbed on the stain also remove wine stains.
- For a stubborn stain, apply a tiny amount of hydrogen peroxide directly onto the stain.
- There are several wine removers available on the market that they make specifically for removing wine stains. They are very effective when you follow the directions.
Before you try any wine stain removal tips always test it on your carpet in an area that will not show to be sure it does not remove the color from your carpet.
Oct 24, 20 09:33 AM
Laundry is a fact of life, and to deal with it, you simply have to have a routine.
Sep 12, 20 07:52 AM
Sometimes you just need a little bit of motivation to get started and finish cleaning your home. Here are 5 tips to get you motivated.
Sep 05, 20 10:45 AM
Organize your kitchen for a space that's less of a time suck when it comes to keeping it clean and ready for the next meal preparation session.
Aug 30, 20 02:21 PM
Can you imagine having a self cleaning house? What would something like that even look like? Would it have reversible parts that automatically switch
Aug 29, 20 12:11 PM
Clutter clearing is one of the most effective self-improvement tactics available to you.