Features Of A Karcher Pressure Washer
Karcher pressure washers are known for their performance and durability as home cleaning pressure machines. The professional models of Karcher pressure models were used to clean Mount Rushmore, the Colonnades in Rome, and the Statue of Liberty in New York.
Available in either electric or gas powered models the Karcher pressure washers have an amazing array of features that are designed to fit each machine to the type of jobs that the home owner plans to complete.
Before deciding what type of Karcher pressure washer to purchase consider some of the available features:
- Electric pressure washers have a water volume of 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) to 1.6 GPM. Gasoline washers range from 2 to 2.4 GPB. Professional models have water volumes of up to 3.6 GPM in the gasoline powered motors.
- Different wands for various types of cleaning. Unlike many pressure washers the Karcher models feature both the a fan shaped pressure wand and a more precise wand that can be used to really concentrate on specific areas. The wands interchange with quick couplers on the hoses and base of the wand. The wands allow for pressure regulation with a simple dial that allows the user to adjust the pressure. The trigger mechanism on the handle of the wand allows the operator to stop and start the cleaning with the easy pull of a trigger.
- Several models, both gas and electric, offer an onboard soap or detergent tank that mixes the appropriate amount of cleaning solution with the pressurized water before it gets to the nozzle. The soap can be discontinued to allow for rinsing with the simple flick of a switch.
- Models can be upright for easy mobility or more of a canister style for easy storage.
- Additional hoses to allow operation of the pressure wands farther from the machine are available.
- The larger gasoline powered models come with four separate nozzles to deliver the correct spray of water just where it is needed.
- Various brushes and flexible nozzles are also available for most models to clean in very small spaces or to gently clean delicate objects.
Karcher pressure washers can be used to clean awnings, boats and trailers, pools, decks and even children's outdoor play equipment. Generally Karcher recommends that cleaning most items be completed using the following steps:
- Remove all loose debris and or furniture and other items from the surface to be cleaned. There is no need to remove the small debris, just anything that is large.
- Use the Vario spray wand on a high pressure setting to wash away all the loose dirt and debris.
- Add the detergent to tank and apply to the surface area using a low pressure setting. Allow the detergent to sit on the surface for three to five minutes to loosen any dirt, stains or grease.
- Use a high pressure setting to completely wash and rinse the surface, moving in uniform sweeping motions from one end to the other. Avoid holding the pressure washer in one spot; rather keep the wand moving.
- Rinse until water is completely clean and free from any detergent or cleaning compound.
Allow surface to completely dry before applying any paint, stain or other compounds. For smaller cleaning projects or just touch-ups often just the water, either hot or cold, along with the pressure from the nozzle or wand will be enough to wash away dirt and stains. There are so many uses for a Karcher pressure washer that once you start using one you will wonder how you ever managed before.
Sep 01, 21 02:17 PM
Quick and Easy Kitchen Cleaning Tips: The kitchen tends to be one of the hotbeds of action. It makes it on to everyones daily cleaning checklists.
Aug 31, 21 04:29 PM
Here's Your 30 Day House Cleaning Plan
Aug 30, 21 01:05 PM
Cleaning a messy bedroom can be overwhelming. The bedroom is such a complicated place because we use it for so many things - sleeping, storage, work, entertainment and whatever. So keeping it declutte…
Aug 29, 21 08:40 AM
4 Great Blood Stain Removal Techniques
Aug 22, 21 04:57 PM
To get the most out of these shower cleaning hacks you need to start with writing down all your shower cleaning tasks - from the shower door seals to the shower ceiling.