Five Tips For Cleaning Bathroom Tile
The bathroom is one room of the house that should be kept as clean as possible and using a few easy tips can help with cleaning bathroom tile.
Bathroom tile that is not clean is dull and stained looking and is a breeding ground for bacteria, mold, mildew and even fungus.
Keeping your bathroom tile clean is easier if it is done on a regular basis, ideally daily, instead of waiting until there is a noticeable build-up before cleaning.
For daily cleaning of bathroom tile consider these five easy tips:
- Cleaning daily is the key to making your tile sparkle. If your shower area is tiled simply mix 3/4 of a cup of bleach and 3 cups of water and keep in a spray bottle in the shower. After every shower simply spray down the walls of the shower with the mixture and wipe off with a sponge. The bleach will eliminate soap scum and will also prevent any mildew from growing on the tile or the grout.
- For heavier build up or stains mix 1 cup of salt, 1 cup of baking soda and one cup of vinegar together to form a thick paste. Apply to the stained or soiled area with a soft cloth and allow to stand for three to five minutes. Rub in a circular motion and rinse off with clean water. Be sure to use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to avoid scratching the tile's surface.
- Keep your bathroom as dry as possible. While this is not a specific cleaning technique it will help prevent the build-up of mildew and mold. Keep lights on and run the vent fan while showering. Even using a hair dryer in the bathroom will help decrease the humidity in the air. Never leave the bathroom door closed after a shower as this will keep the humidity high and provide ideal conditions for mold and mildew growth.
- To eliminate the need for constant cleaning of white grout between tiles use a combination of one or two tablespoons of bleach to one cup of water. Spray and let stand, then wipe dry with a cloth. Once the grout is completely dry apply a grout sealer to the area between tiles. This will keep mildew from developing and keep grout looking bright and wipe. Do not use this solution on colored grout; rather use a non-bleaching cleaner and water.
- Ammonia and water can be mixed, in a one part to three part ratio and sprayed on bathroom tile and shower doors to remove soap scum and leave a shiny surface.
Cleaning bathroom tile doesn't have to be difficult if you use a daily spray regime and keep grout and tile mold and mildew free.
Cleaning Bathroom Tile
Nov 20, 19 12:52 AM
Closet Organizing Tips For those overstuffed closets that still makes you feel like you have nothing to wear.
Nov 16, 19 03:04 AM
Two Cures For Your Closet Clutter
Nov 09, 19 05:40 AM
Get great ideas on how to declutter your home so you can stop hoarding for the future and let go of the past.