Five Tips For Cleaning Bathroom Tile
The bathroom is one room of the house that should be kept as clean as possible and using a few easy tips can help with cleaning bathroom tile.
Bathroom tile that is not clean is dull and stained looking and is a breeding ground for bacteria, mold, mildew and even fungus.
Keeping your bathroom tile clean is easier if it is done on a regular basis, ideally daily, instead of waiting until there is a noticeable build-up before cleaning.
Cleaning Bathroom Tile
For daily cleaning of bathroom tile consider these five easy tips:
- Cleaning daily is the key to making your tile sparkle. If your shower area is tiled simply mix 3/4 of a cup of bleach and 3 cups of water and keep in a spray bottle in the shower. After every shower simply spray down the walls of the shower with the mixture and wipe off with a sponge. The bleach will eliminate soap scum and will also prevent any mildew from growing on the tile or the grout.
- For heavier build up or stains mix 1 cup of salt, 1 cup of baking soda and one cup of vinegar together to form a thick paste. Apply to the stained or soiled area with a soft cloth and allow to stand for three to five minutes. Rub in a circular motion and rinse off with clean water. Be sure to use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to avoid scratching the tile's surface.
- Keep your bathroom as dry as possible. While this is not a specific cleaning technique it will help prevent the build-up of mildew and mold. Keep lights on and run the vent fan while showering. Even using a hair dryer in the bathroom will help decrease the humidity in the air. Never leave the bathroom door closed after a shower as this will keep the humidity high and provide ideal conditions for mold and mildew growth.
- To eliminate the need for constant cleaning of white grout between tiles use a combination of one or two tablespoons of bleach to one cup of water. Spray and let stand, then wipe dry with a cloth. Once the grout is completely dry apply a grout sealer to the area between tiles. This will keep mildew from developing and keep grout looking bright and wipe. Do not use this solution on colored grout; rather use a non-bleaching cleaner and water.
- Ammonia and water can be mixed, in a one part to three part ratio and sprayed on bathroom tile and shower doors to remove soap scum and leave a shiny surface.
Cleaning bathroom tile doesn't have to be difficult if you use a daily spray regime and keep grout and tile mold and mildew free.
Cleaning a Bathroom
Cleaning Bathroom Tile
Aug 08, 20 09:07 AM
Being productive means getting things done regularly and consistently. This means avoiding procrastination. When it comes to house cleaning, one way to be productive and avoid procrastination is with…
Aug 01, 20 04:57 AM
A house cleaning routine is the habit that you form based on the schedule that you follow in order to complete your cleaning tasks.
Jul 28, 20 01:52 AM
Minimalism is not about depriving yourself or your family - it is about freeing your space of unused, unwanted and unloved things that steal your time and energy. And, for us here it is step 0 of crea…
Jul 26, 20 08:23 AM
The magic and practicality of house cleaning checklists removes the guess work from deciding what needs to be cleaned next.
Jul 25, 20 05:38 AM
Cleaning a dirty house: Depending on how your home is set up - you can do all the cleaning in the world and it will still look dirty.