House Cleaning and Home Improvement Tips that will Help Sell Your House for the Best Possible Price!
In the following article Debbie Dahmen gives you eight (8) tips to help you make improvements to sell your house.
But, before you start with the improvements I suggest that you get a home valuation. This way, you can compare the value of your home before and after the improvements.
Now it's time to get to work and sell your house.
A Little Interest Pays Handsomely When It Comes to Selling Your Home
By Debbie Dahmen
With interest rates still at an all time low, many people are considering selling the home they are in to make a move up. Others are going from renter to buyer. Regardless of whether someone is buying for the first time or he or she is a seasoned buyer if you are the seller you will want to make sure your property will show the best it can. The following tips will give you an edge over other sellers in what can be a very tight market.
1) First Impression is so important. Curb appeal is vital. Your lawn should be trimmed, sidewalks swept, front door clean, doorbell working.
2) Painting for a Better Sale. A minor investment in paint will pay dividends in the form of a better price and/or quicker sale.
3) Here Comes the Sun! Open the curtains and clean the windows so a prospect can see how bright and cheerful your house is. Dark, dreary rooms are not appealing to homebuyers.
4) Don't be a Drip! Fix leaky faucets. Dripping water suggests faulty plumbing and major repair bills. Discolored, rust stained sinks are also warning signs – they should be clean and sparkling.
5) Little Things Mean a Lot. Loose doorknobs or cabinet pulls, sticking doors and drawers, wobbly hinges, stuck windows – are negative factors. Check and repair all these minor flaws.
6) Safety First. Keep stairways and corridors absolutely clear. Clutter is unattractive and can cause accidents.
7) Bathrooms Sell Homes. Make bathrooms sparkle. Clean sinks and toilets and repair any damaged or discolored caulking.
8) From Top to Bottom. Let prospects see the full value of your basement, attic, garage and closets by removing junk and cartons. Rent a short-term storage space if necessary.
With a bit of TLC you will realize greater interest from buyers when selling your home. For a small investment of time and money often the return can be incredible.
Debbie Dahmen is a member of the Distinctive Properties team. Distinctive Properties is a unique personalized real estate agency serving the south end of the Salt Lake valley including Draper, Riverton and Sandy. Family owned and operated, Darlene Dipo, Debbie Dahmen and DeAnna Dipo pooled their 60 years of experience to offer their clients flexibility and individualized attention. All three women have achieved the coveted designation of Certified Real Estate Specialists, a designation held by only 3% of real estate agents. Visit www.distinctivepropertiesSLC.com for further information.