Cleaning Products Tips And Tricks
There are always new advertisements for cleaning products tips and tricks - and cleaning methods that can be used to make keeping your house as stress free as possible.
Using the following cleaning products tips and tricks will help you speed up your house cleaning routine and will give you new uses for those familiar products:
- Most new stains can easily be removed from carpet, fabric and upholstery by using baby wipes. Simply use the wipes instead of a cloth and water.
- Crayon on walls and objects can be removed with a hair dryer. Use the hair dryer to heat up the wax so it can easily be wiped off with a cloth. If the crayon color has stained the surface - a small amount of bleach and warm water can be used to remove the stain.
- Rubbing a thin layer of ketchup on the surface and allowing it to dry can clean copper - When the ketchup has dried rub off with a soft cloth.
- Cleaning a garbage disposal is easy with a sprinkling of baking soda and some liquid dishwasher or dishwashing liquid. Use a dish brush to clean out the entire unit, especially under the gasket to avoid odors. Rinse thoroughly and add a cut up lemon or lime to the disposal and turn it on. Flush with additional clean water for a nice citrus smell after cleaning.
- To make easy sachets to eliminate odors in shoes simply fill old socks or the feet of old nylons with baking soda, tea leaves or even odor absorbing kitty litter. Place these handy little bundles in your shoes immediately after taking them off.
- To keep cleaning or washing sponges smelling clean and free from bacteria soak them in a weak dilution of lemon juice, vinegar or bleach and water. Sponges can also be placed in a laundry bag and run through the dishwasher for complete cleaning.
- Water rings on finished wood can be removed by mixing 1/2 teaspoon of plain, white, non gel toothpaste with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. Dab a soft cloth in the mixture and then gently rub in a circular motion. Within a few minutes the white mark should disappear. Apply furniture polish or wax over the area to prevent any further damage.
- Baking soda mixed with a favorite essential oil such as lavender, peppermint, rosemary or jasmine makes a great personalized carpet and fabric deodorizer. Simply place a cup of baking soda in a jar, add essential oil a drop at a time and shake well to avoid clumping. Sprinkle the baking soda and essential oil mixture on the carpet or fabric and allow to stand for 20 to 30 minutes and then vacuum.
- To unplug or regularly clean deep in a drain piper allow the drain to dry completely. Pour 1/2 cup baking soda down the drain; follow immediately with 1/2 cup vinegar. The bubbling will remove grease and soapy deposits to keep your drain working without stoppages.
The cleaning products tips and tricks provided will help you keep your house clean using items you probably already have in your kitchen and bathroom...
Return from cleaning products tips and tricks to quick house cleaning tips. Or return to house cleaning supplies.